Knowledgeable And Compassionate Guidance Through Your Immigration Issue
At Stratton Immigration, PLLC, our small firm has one purpose: to help you successfully achieve your citizenship and naturalization goals in the U.S. Our one purpose is to help you navigate through your immigration process with the least amount of frustration and worry. Our founding attorney, James “Jay” Stratton has worked primarily in immigration law for 10 years. Petitioning for citizenship and naturalization was never an easy process, but now with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents aggressively acting throughout the nation, difficult has turned into terrifying. Guiding clients through the difficult processes involved with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has never been more challenging nationwide. Our firm provides the up-to-date knowledge and skill necessary to work through the ever-changing immigration policies and processes with confidence.
What To Do If ICE Agents Come Knocking
It can be hard to remain calm if you or your family members are confronted by ICE agents. However, being prepared can help you remain calm. If you are in your home and immigration agents come to your door:
- Remember that you have rights
- Tell everyone in your home to remain silent
- Do not open your door right away
- If they demand or ask you to enter your home, ask the agent if they have a warrant signed by a judge
- Ask to see the warrant
- If it is an ICE administrative warrant — Form 1-200, 1-205 — this does not allow them to enter your house without your permission
- If the agent does not have a warrant, you do not have to let them into your home
- If they force their way into your home, do not resist them
- If you are arrested, do not speak to the agent
- Do not sign anything before you speak with a lawyer
If you have any reason to believe ICE agents could appear in your community, talk to other relatives or community members to have a safe code in case you and your immediate family are detained but cannot reach an attorney right away.
Call Today For Experienced Representation
At Stratton Immigration, PLLC, we understand how frightening it is when you do not know who you can trust, or where you can turn for the legal representation you need. We can answer your questions. Because immigration matters are so highly politicized now in the U.S., it is critical to work with an experienced immigration attorney for all your immigration-related concerns. Call Stratton Immigration, PLLC, at 206-508-0539 or email us to start working with an attorney who has a proven record of hard work for his clients.